Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Time to FINALLY say Goodbye for GOOD
Today at 3:18 am by firebid1030

» Heya! I'm new!
Today at 3:17 am by firebid1030

» Hot or Not?
Yesterday at 1:51 am by aisha238

» Yum or Yuck
Yesterday at 1:50 am by aisha238

» Count to 100 Before a Moderator Posts.
Yesterday at 1:50 am by aisha238

» Would you rather
Yesterday at 1:49 am by aisha238

» Chrissie's Art Corner: Preorders: Open. Requests: Closed.
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:01 pm by talgoose

» (winx related) Please join this.
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:17 pm by Florawinx

» Life Outside of the Forum
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:32 am by aisha238

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
http://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
http://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
http://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png http://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png http://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
http://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png http://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 6948 registered users
The newest registered user is jaydenliong

Our users have posted a total of 237345 messages in 5764 subjects
Top posting users this month
musa225

aisha238

talgoose

firebid1030

oh.susan

Florawinx

Share | 

Do the winx have individual personalities?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Tecna Timmy
Hobbies : Watching and reading sailor moon

PostSubject: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:26 am

In Winx Club: 8 Reasons Why Winx Club Rules they had '#5 They have great personalities- No two winx fairies are alike, which is what makes them so special.

Bloom- The brave... - For a main character she really lacks personality. I would have liked it if they continued to show her insecurities and emphasize more on her bravery.

Stella- Academically challenged, Fashion loving, Whiny - She actually has the most personality. She stands out the most. She hasn't changed much since Season 1

Musa - The one with the hip hop attitude - I kind of had trouble with this one. I would prefer if Rainbow emphasizes more with her sass and attitude. Or maybe with her temper a bit more too.
Aisha: We could try looking under S...for Sirenix!
Musa: *Sarcastic tone* Or F...for Fat chance.

Flora- The very nice one and least violent - I find her acting a bit too nice. I mean I'm in high school and I don't know anyone who acts like her. Even the shy kids in class like to tease their friends from time to time.
Tecna - The logical and least emotional - Ehh I wish they could have also showed her smarts as well.
Aisha - The confident and sporty - Well she usually ends up arguing with Stella once a season or something.

But when they're is a situation they all react the same!

Winx: Oh no Tritannus attacked again!

This is how it should go:
Bloom: ...(Sorry but I got nothing...She really lacks personality)
Stella: Ugh seriously again?
Musa: Well what else is new?
Flora: We have to stop his from spreading more pollution.
Aisha: I'MA CHOP MY COUSIN INTO SUSHI ROLLS!
Tecna: Well the probability that he threw another temper tantrum in the last hour is 97.7 percent.

I was reading something on facebook about someone asking all the characters of a T.V show a question and this is how each one reacting:
Person 1: ...What does that mean?/
2: I'd rather not answer this question...
3: Are you seriously asking me this?
4: Well DUH
5: Well its not my fault I am!
6: Ewww that sounds bad!
7: I'm too busy for this kind of stuff... *Reads newspaper
8: Uhh.. *Too busy looking at 9 and 10
9 and 10: Teeheehee We will never tell! *Troll face*

I think Nick gets mixed up with interest and personality.

My ships:

Last edited by rashid29 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheWonderer
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy

Aisha Helia
Hobbies : Graphics, Fanfictions, & Forums

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:48 am

O.O how else are they supposed to act when they are in a serious situation? Look at Saior Moon for examples. Also it's pretty offensive to use the word dumb for Stella.
Back to top Go down
http://wizplacesites.jigsy.com/
Generationsgirl
Winx Fairy
Winx Fairy

Aisha Helia
Hobbies : Drawing

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:14 am

Quote :
Bloom- The brave... - For a main character she really lacks personality. I would have liked it if they continued to show her insecurities and emphasize more on her bravery.

Bloom is a Mary-sue in my case at least...(if not a typical generic main character)

Is Bloom a Mary Sue?

Yes, she is.

“The prototypical Mary Sue is an original female character in a fanfic who obviously serves as an idealized version of the author mainly for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment. She’s exotically beautiful, often having an unusual hair or eye color, and has a similarly cool and exotic name. She’s exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her “flaws” are obviously meant to be endearing.
She has an unusual and dramatic Back Story. The canon protagonists are all overwhelmed with admiration for her beauty, wit, courage and other virtues, and are quick to adopt her as one of their True Companions, even characters who are usually antisocial and untrusting; if any character doesn’t love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal. She has some sort of especially close relationship to the author’s favorite canon character — their love interest, illegitimate child, never-before-mentioned sister, etc. Other than that, the canon characters are quickly reduced to awestruck cheerleaders, watching from the sidelines as Mary Sue outstrips them in their areas of expertise and solves problems that have stymied them for the entire series.”

-Television Tropes/Idioms

. “She’s exotically beautiful,

Bloom is beautiful, let’s face it. Her character design always has a lot more effort put into it than the other girls’ combined. Red is a pretty haircolour.

2.”She has a dramatic Back Story.”

Bloom is the princess and last survivor of a continent that spent nearly 17 years under ice, as well as being the wielder of the Dragon Flame, the source of magic. Her backstory is so important that it over shadows that of the other girls. We have yet to see Flora and Tecna’s parents, yet we’ve all memorized and heard Bloom’s backstory so many times it hurts.

3. “The canon protagonists are all overwhelmed with admiration for her beauty, wit, courage and other virtues, and are quick to adopt her as one of their True Companions,”

Maybe the rest of the Winx aren’t that, but the side characters, particularly those in Domino, are quick to applaud Bloom on how smart and powerful she is. This is painfully apparent in Winx S6E6.

4. “If any character doesn’t love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal.”

This is an unfortunate case with Diaspro. I quite like Diaspro, as I felt she had every right to hate Bloom after she was cheated on by Sky with Bloom. However, she was portrayed in such a negative light, causing several people to hate Diaspro,In S5, Diaspro came a long way to help Sky regain his memories.

5. “Other than that, the canon characters are quickly reduced to awestruck cheerleaders,”

Winx S6E6 says it all. I don’t think Musa or Tecna had any lines in that episode.

-

Last edited by Generationsgirl on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zerowing21
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:15 am

In some cases she still does show her insecurities. Season 5 during the entire thing with Diaspro trying to control Sky and when he lost his memory, you could see it. That trait is still there, thought its focused on other things.

The Avatar was done by Chrissie.

"But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten—things that require a smaller, more honest soul." Professor Ozpin, RWBY
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Tecna Timmy

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:28 am

TheWonderer wrote:
O.O how else are they supposed to act when they are in a serious situation? Look at Saior Moon for examples. Also it's pretty offensive to use the word dumb for Stella.

Well they should have different opinions. There are a lot of winx and I think that if they all have way too similiar personalities then it wouldn't really be that depressing if Rainbow killed one of them off if they all just act the same. In a serious situation, each person would have a different reaction. Perhaps one person would be scared, another would be stressed, one would tried to calm down everyone, another might try to tell everyone to get their act together and focus etc. All the winx are just like "Let's transform and blast attacks!"

Besides in sailor moon they each do have their own personalities and they do each react differently in a situation.

And Stella wouldn't mind if I call her dumb right Stella. *Is talking to a Stella wallpaper.*

My ships:

Back to top Go down
Flame Melody
Administrator
Administrator

Stella Brandon
Hobbies : Scaring/Banning members c: - We'll fairy you!

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:58 am

Quote :
Aisha: I'MA CHOP MY COUSIN INTO SUSHI ROLLS!
That's all I've got to say in here.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
NaomiWinx83
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy

Bloom Brandon
Hobbies : drawing

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:28 am

"IMA CHOP MY COUSIN INTO SUSHI ROLLS!"
Oh my god, I can't stop laughing XDD

My other two favorite shows
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://naomiwinx100.deviantart.com/
Pokémon Trainer
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy

Flora Brandon
Hobbies : Training Jedi's

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:15 am

Generationsgirl wrote:
Quote :

Bloom is a Mary-sue in my case at least...(if not a typical generic main character)

Is Bloom a Mary Sue?

Yes, she is.

“The prototypical Mary Sue is an original female character in a fanfic who obviously serves as an idealized version of the author mainly for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment. She’s exotically beautiful, often having an unusual hair or eye color, and has a similarly cool and exotic name. She’s exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her “flaws” are obviously meant to be endearing.
She has an unusual and dramatic Back Story. The canon protagonists are all overwhelmed with admiration for her beauty, wit, courage and other virtues, and are quick to adopt her as one of their True Companions, even characters who are usually antisocial and untrusting; if any character doesn’t love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal. She has some sort of especially close relationship to the author’s favorite canon character — their love interest, illegitimate child, never-before-mentioned sister, etc. Other than that, the canon characters are quickly reduced to awestruck cheerleaders, watching from the sidelines as Mary Sue outstrips them in their areas of expertise and solves problems that have stymied them for the entire series.”

Bloom is beautiful, let’s face it. Her character design always has a lot more effort put into it than the other girls’ combined. Red is a pretty haircolour.

Bloom is the princess and last survivor of a continent that spent nearly 17 years under ice, as well as being the wielder of the Dragon Flame, the source of magic. Her backstory is so important that it over shadows that of the other girls. We have yet to see Flora and Tecna’s parents, yet we’ve all memorized and heard Bloom’s backstory so many times it hurts.

3. “The canon protagonists are all overwhelmed with admiration for her beauty, wit, courage and other virtues, and are quick to adopt her as one of their True Companions,”

Maybe the rest of the Winx aren’t that, but the side characters, particularly those in Domino, are quick to applaud Bloom on how smart and powerful she is. This is painfully apparent in Winx S6E6.

4. “If any character doesn’t love her, that character gets an extremely unsympathetic portrayal.”

This is an unfortunate case with Diaspro. I quite like Diaspro, as I felt she had every right to hate Bloom after she was cheated on by Sky with Bloom. However, she was portrayed in such a negative light, causing several people to hate Diaspro,In S5, Diaspro came a long way to help Sky regain his memories.

5. “Other than that, the canon characters are quickly reduced to awestruck cheerleaders,”

Winx S6E6 says it all. I don’t think Musa or Tecna had any lines in that episode.

-

why you do bring up good points i would like to refer you to a topic thred discussing if bloom is a Mary sue as a i believe she isn't. The topic explains it all http://believeinwinx.forum-motion.com/t4254-is-bloom-a-mary-sue?highlight=is+bloom+a+mary+sue

Back to top Go down
Winxrox466
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy

Flora Riven
Hobbies : Stalking People from a distance

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:45 pm

TheWonderer wrote:
Also it's pretty offensive to use the word dumb for Stella

And it's not nice to call Bloom a 'Mary Sue' either. I don't believe in such a thing.

The Lovely Sardonyx:

Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator

Tecna Timmy

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Pokémon Trainer wrote:
Generationsgirl wrote:
Quote :

Is Bloom a Mary Sue?

Yes, she is.

-

why you do bring up good points i would like to refer you to a topic thred discussing if bloom is a Mary sue as a i believe she isn't. The topic explains it all http://believeinwinx.forum-motion.com/t4254-is-bloom-a-mary-sue?highlight=is+bloom+a+mary+sue

K then the fact of being naturally good at everything. The thing is that bothers me is that she or any of the other winx didn't really struggle in learning to play instruments when they formed the winx band. And did they learn how to ride a horse on earth?

In the comics it was a bit different on how the winx band learned how to play music. By the end of their first song:

Stella: So how did we do?? Very Happy
Musa: Terribly! -_-

My ships:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the winx have individual personalities?   

Back to top Go down

Do the winx have individual personalities?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next