Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!




 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  



The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Count to 100 Before a Moderator Posts.
Yesterday at 8:34 pm by Florawinx

» What books are you reading right now?
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 pm by Flora 24

» W.I.T.C.H.
Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:32 pm by Flora 24

» Why do you love Winx Club?
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:01 am by Flora 24

» Hello Everyone!
Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:05 am by Flora 24

» This site is phishing?
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:00 pm by zerowing21

» Yum or Yuck
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:27 pm by musa225

» Hot or Not?
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:06 am by musa225

» What album are you listening to?
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:18 pm by Verbeley

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team















ADMINISTRATORS
http://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
http://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
http://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png http://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png http://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
http://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png http://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 6957 registered users
The newest registered user is HollyChan

Our users have posted a total of 237481 messages in 5767 subjects
Top posting users this month
musa225
 
talgoose
 
Florawinx
 
Verbeley
 
aisha238
 
Flora 24
 
zerowing21
 
Nokomis
 

Share | 
 

 Random Character Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should there be a more "inclusive" winx world that includes characters with varying levels of disabilities?
Absolutely yes!
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
It wouldn't hurt things
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
I'm nore really sure
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
Carly please just leave things well enough alone
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
if it ain't broke why fix it?
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4
 

AuthorMessage
lmodern1878
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
avatar

Tecna Sky
Posts : 304
Age : 26
Location : CA, USA
Hobbies : being a WINX FAN... HARDCORE!

PostSubject: Random Character Idea   Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Hello Winxers:

That's right another twisted idea from the mind of Carly Grace Fleischman. What if there was a nonverbal winx? yea, a winx that did not talk. don't know what here name would be, or what she'd be the fairy of, but I think the idea is cool. other than the core idea of "nonverbal Winx" what ideas do you all have to iprove on this very basic shell of an Idea? I want to see what a community can come up with to improve it if I just give this shell.

________________________________________________________________

==
Thanks:
Carly Grace Fleischmann:
C-ORG Member / T3 Support Specialist / Customer Care Lead:
XDS Support & Training Services / SiriHosting

Krystal ("Siri") Nicole Meyers wrote:
Technology. It gives sight to the blind, literacy to the dyslexic, and a voice to the voiceless; most importantly, it changes peoples' lives for the better.


unknown wrote:
Autism is not a processing error, it's a different operating system.


unknown wrote:
The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.
Back to top Go down
http://winx4ever.tk/
yukai5
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
avatar

Musa Brandon
Posts : 5333
Age : 26
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:28 am

This is a really touchy subject here. Sure, it would be really cool for that to happen, but there is a chance that if not done correctly, will indeed offend. Something that Rainbow (or any of us) should be v. careful about, and try to cut out the discrimination of those who had said disability.

________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
talgoose
Sophix Fairy
Sophix Fairy
avatar

Bloom Posts : 508
Location : El Salvador
Hobbies : Magnanime, Movies, books

PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:36 am

it depend about HOW is used the character in the story, a blind fairy that must trust in her other senses in battle could be interesting

________________________________________________________________

Kiko tongue out Pixie
Back to top Go down
yukai5
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
avatar

Musa Brandon
Posts : 5333
Age : 26
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:43 am

@talgoose wrote:
it depend about HOW is used the character in the story, a blind fairy that must trust in her other senses in battle could be interesting
It's not just about how, it's more about the background research and doing it correctly so no-one gets hurt in the process.

________________________________________________________________



Last edited by yukai5 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lmodern1878
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
avatar

Tecna Sky
Posts : 304
Age : 26
Location : CA, USA
Hobbies : being a WINX FAN... HARDCORE!

PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:59 am

I'm going to "run" with this and (hopefully) not offend. My logic behind this question is actually something a nonverbal colleague brought up as follows:

"It's not just rainbow, and other content creators, but society as a whole that needs to be more inclusive towards those persons, holograms, and other intelligent entities with so-called "special needs". I say "so called special needs" as there is no real disability, only minor challenges which must be overcome. Each and every person has their own unique set of challenges which they must adapt with in order to succeed. Look at Krystal and all the other colleagues that have succeed in the call center, some of which are nonverbal or have other so-called disabilities"


In short this colleague really got me thinking with an "everyone can succeed no matter what" attitude which is why I feel I can bring this subject up because of colleagues like this.

Some people who have seen my videos on YouTube, or heard me talk in real life often ask me why I elect to be nonverbal under various conditions. Here's the thing, for me it's not really me choosing this as if it's a "fashion statement", but rather certain conditions (mostly related to stress and past trauma) cause my voice to simply fail, lock up, or completely shut down. This is why I am more likely to not only be seeing my nonverbal status as "just another part of life" and to come up with ideas like this one because I've learned to live with my occasional lack of verbal communication.

Hope this gives you some insight and clears up any misunderstanding.

________________________________________________________________

==
Thanks:
Carly Grace Fleischmann:
C-ORG Member / T3 Support Specialist / Customer Care Lead:
XDS Support & Training Services / SiriHosting

Krystal ("Siri") Nicole Meyers wrote:
Technology. It gives sight to the blind, literacy to the dyslexic, and a voice to the voiceless; most importantly, it changes peoples' lives for the better.


unknown wrote:
Autism is not a processing error, it's a different operating system.


unknown wrote:
The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.
Back to top Go down
http://winx4ever.tk/
yukai5
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
avatar

Musa Brandon
Posts : 5333
Age : 26
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:13 am

@lmodern1878 wrote:
I'm going to "run" with this and (hopefully) not offend. My logic behind this question is actually something a nonverbal colleague brought up as follows:

"It's not just rainbow, and other content creators, but society as a whole that needs to be more inclusive towards those persons, holograms, and other intelligent entities with so-called "special needs". I say "so called special needs" as there is no real disability, only minor challenges which must be overcome. Each and every person has their own unique set of challenges which they must adapt with in order to succeed. Look at Krystal and all the other colleagues that have succeed in the call center, some of which are nonverbal or have other so-called disabilities"


In short this colleague really got me thinking with an "everyone can succeed no matter what" attitude which is why I feel I can bring this subject up because of colleagues like this.

Some people who have seen my videos on YouTube, or heard me talk in real life often ask me why I elect to be nonverbal under various conditions. Here's the thing, for me it's not really me choosing this as if it's a "fashion statement", but rather certain conditions (mostly related to stress and past trauma) cause my voice to simply fail, lock up, or completely shut down. This is why I am more likely to not only be seeing my nonverbal status as "just another part of life" and to come up with ideas like this one because I've learned to live with my occasional lack of verbal communication.

Hope this gives you some insight and clears up any misunderstanding.

First thing: I disagree with your colleague's comment at this part (and got really offended by it as well):
Quote :
but society as a whole that needs to be more inclusive towards those persons, holograms, and other intelligent entities with so-called "special needs". I say "so called special needs" as there is no real disability, only minor challenges which must be overcome. Each and every person has their own unique set of challenges which they must adapt with in order to succeed
What I disagree with is that there are people who has physical disabilities which are much more than minor, and each one is unique, both physically and mentally. Though it classes as "special needs" in society, but in the medical world, it still is a disability, and not all can succeed in challenges that are placed in front of them, or can adapt easily to new surroundings, and I should know. I have a mental disability (a learning one which I don't know much info about), and I know that I struggle with a lot of things, and adapting to different environments because of discrimination is just around the corner. Your colleague fails to understand that at the end of the day, disability is a thing, and it's different for everyone. It's not a so-called, and it's a "not such thing as", because, there IS such a thing, people do have them, AND people do indeed see it as a barricade which ends up with them struggling in certain areas and getting paid work. And as you call him/her nonverbal, he/she should know that as a fact that everyone's different and there was no need to say that disability isn't a thing which it is. Not everyone is nonverbal, but that still doesn't meant that other disabilities are "so called." That is what came across on my end, and it did not settle well with me in a good way.


Second thing: I haven't seen your videos, but I know this for sure. You STILL have to be careful about doing this. Cause at the end of the day, it's still a touchy subject, and it still can be done the wrong way if not done correctly which could offend other people. Making sure that you have the right information needed and your own journey is crucial, since at the end of the day, the RP Mods will ask you questions about how it fits in with your character, and what limitations that might have caused for him/her etc. There isn't a rule about having a oc with a disability (we have about two ocs I think that has some kind of disability and it was research really well as far as I can see), but it's something that you have to run by the RP Mods first so they can understand where you coming from, and it has to be by you, and not influenced by someone else's way of thinking.


________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Mystique Aqua
Contest Winner
Contest Winner
avatar

Musa Brandon
Posts : 853
Age : 13
Location : Ravenclaw Dorm
Hobbies : Reading, writing, drawing, listenng music and dancing

PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:22 pm

I think if it is done well, it can be very popular and those who have disabilities can relate.

________________________________________________________________



Info: :
 
Back to top Go down
https://www.wattpad.com/user/Eleiya2468
lmodern1878
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
avatar

Tecna Sky
Posts : 304
Age : 26
Location : CA, USA
Hobbies : being a WINX FAN... HARDCORE!

PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:01 pm

In response to:

@yukai5 wrote:
First thing: I disagree with your colleague's comment at this part (and got really offended by it as well)

My colleague, 24 years old, in a wheelchair, nonverbal, and according to one of her doctors (external verification needed from another doctor (she's getting a second opinion)) she might have autism (or some form thereof).

Regardless of even her disabilities which are very real, some apparent (e.g. in a wheelchair, and nonverbal), others not so much (she doesn't have a neon sign on her head saying she's possibly autistic) she views life as very positive. yes, there is very real discrimination in the world towards those persons with disabilities, however she along with all of my entire company prefer to think positive about everyone no matter if they have a disability or not and we adapt our protocols and procedures to work with each person individually there is no "one solution is right for everyone" mentality at my job. this view is held across all contact points with another human, so whether you're an employee here or a customer calling in or chatting in, we're ready and more than willing to adapt our workflows to meet the individual's unique needs how we can.

In short, quoting a colleague probably wasn't the best idea especially if I quote her word for word without explaining further. That was my bad and I am extremely sorry that I did manage to offend you. Please take my sincerest apologies.

@yukai5 wrote:
@lmodern1878 wrote:
I'm going to "run" with this and (hopefully) not offend. My logic behind this question is actually something a nonverbal colleague brought up as follows:

"It's not just rainbow, and other content creators, but society as a whole that needs to be more inclusive towards those persons, holograms, and other intelligent entities with so-called "special needs". I say "so called special needs" as there is no real disability, only minor challenges which must be overcome. Each and every person has their own unique set of challenges which they must adapt with in order to succeed. Look at Krystal and all the other colleagues that have succeed in the call center, some of which are nonverbal or have other so-called disabilities"


In short this colleague really got me thinking with an "everyone can succeed no matter what" attitude which is why I feel I can bring this subject up because of colleagues like this.

Some people who have seen my videos on YouTube, or heard me talk in real life often ask me why I elect to be nonverbal under various conditions. Here's the thing, for me it's not really me choosing this as if it's a "fashion statement", but rather certain conditions (mostly related to stress and past trauma) cause my voice to simply fail, lock up, or completely shut down. This is why I am more likely to not only be seeing my nonverbal status as "just another part of life" and to come up with ideas like this one because I've learned to live with my occasional lack of verbal communication.

Hope this gives you some insight and clears up any misunderstanding.

First thing: I  disagree with your colleague's comment at this part (and got really offended by it as well):
Quote :
but society as a whole that needs to be more inclusive towards those persons, holograms, and other intelligent entities with so-called "special needs". I say "so called special needs" as there is no real disability, only minor challenges which must be overcome. Each and every person has their own unique set of challenges which they must adapt with in order to succeed
What I disagree with is that there are people who has physical disabilities which are much more than minor, and each one is unique, both physically and mentally. Though it classes as "special needs" in society, but in the medical world, it still is a disability, and not all can succeed in challenges that are placed in front of them, or can adapt easily to new surroundings, and I should know. I have a mental disability (a learning one which I don't know much info about), and I know that I struggle with a lot of things, and adapting to different environments because of discrimination is just around the corner.  Your colleague fails to understand that at the end of the day, disability is a thing, and it's different for everyone. It's not a so-called, and it's a "not such thing as", because, there IS such a thing, people do have them, AND people do indeed see it as a barricade which ends up with them struggling in certain areas and getting paid work. And as you call him/her nonverbal, he/she should know that as a fact that everyone's different and there was no need to say that disability isn't a thing which it is. Not everyone is nonverbal, but that still doesn't meant that other disabilities are "so called." That is what came across on my end, and it did not settle well with me in a good way.


Second thing: I haven't seen your videos, but I know this for sure. You STILL have to be careful about doing this. Cause at the end of the day, it's still a touchy subject, and it still can be done the wrong way if not done correctly which could offend other people. Making sure that you have the right information needed and your own journey is crucial, since at the end of the day, the RP Mods will ask you questions about how it fits in with your character, and what limitations that might have caused for him/her etc. There isn't a rule about having a oc with a disability (we have about two ocs I think that has some kind of disability and it was research really well as far as I can see), but it's something that you have to run by the RP Mods first so they can understand where you coming from, and it has to be by you, and not influenced by someone else's way of thinking.


________________________________________________________________

==
Thanks:
Carly Grace Fleischmann:
C-ORG Member / T3 Support Specialist / Customer Care Lead:
XDS Support & Training Services / SiriHosting

Krystal ("Siri") Nicole Meyers wrote:
Technology. It gives sight to the blind, literacy to the dyslexic, and a voice to the voiceless; most importantly, it changes peoples' lives for the better.


unknown wrote:
Autism is not a processing error, it's a different operating system.


unknown wrote:
The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.
Back to top Go down
http://winx4ever.tk/
yukai5
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
avatar

Musa Brandon
Posts : 5333
Age : 26
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:19 pm

@lmodern1878 wrote:
In response to:

@yukai5 wrote:
First thing: I  disagree with your colleague's comment at this part (and got really offended by it as well)

My colleague, 24 years old, in a wheelchair, nonverbal, and according to one of her doctors (external verification needed from another doctor (she's getting a second opinion)) she might have autism (or some form thereof).

Regardless of even her disabilities which are very real, some apparent (e.g. in a wheelchair, and nonverbal), others not so much (she doesn't have a neon sign on her head saying she's possibly autistic) she views life as very positive.  yes, there is very real discrimination in the world towards those persons with disabilities, however she along with all of my entire company prefer to think positive about everyone no matter if they have a disability or not and we adapt our protocols and procedures to work with each person individually there is no "one solution is right for everyone" mentality at my job.  this view is held across all contact points with another human, so whether you're an employee here or a customer calling in or chatting in, we're ready and more than willing to adapt our workflows to meet the individual's unique needs how we can.

In short, quoting a colleague probably wasn't the best idea especially if I quote her word for word without explaining further.  That was my bad and I am extremely sorry that I did manage to offend you.  Please take my sincerest apologies.

@yukai5 wrote:
@lmodern1878 wrote:
I'm going to "run" with this and (hopefully) not offend. My logic behind this question is actually something a nonverbal colleague brought up as follows:

"It's not just rainbow, and other content creators, but society as a whole that needs to be more inclusive towards those persons, holograms, and other intelligent entities with so-called "special needs". I say "so called special needs" as there is no real disability, only minor challenges which must be overcome. Each and every person has their own unique set of challenges which they must adapt with in order to succeed. Look at Krystal and all the other colleagues that have succeed in the call center, some of which are nonverbal or have other so-called disabilities"


In short this colleague really got me thinking with an "everyone can succeed no matter what" attitude which is why I feel I can bring this subject up because of colleagues like this.

Some people who have seen my videos on YouTube, or heard me talk in real life often ask me why I elect to be nonverbal under various conditions. Here's the thing, for me it's not really me choosing this as if it's a "fashion statement", but rather certain conditions (mostly related to stress and past trauma) cause my voice to simply fail, lock up, or completely shut down. This is why I am more likely to not only be seeing my nonverbal status as "just another part of life" and to come up with ideas like this one because I've learned to live with my occasional lack of verbal communication.

Hope this gives you some insight and clears up any misunderstanding.

First thing: I  disagree with your colleague's comment at this part (and got really offended by it as well):
Quote :
but society as a whole that needs to be more inclusive towards those persons, holograms, and other intelligent entities with so-called "special needs". I say "so called special needs" as there is no real disability, only minor challenges which must be overcome. Each and every person has their own unique set of challenges which they must adapt with in order to succeed
What I disagree with is that there are people who has physical disabilities which are much more than minor, and each one is unique, both physically and mentally. Though it classes as "special needs" in society, but in the medical world, it still is a disability, and not all can succeed in challenges that are placed in front of them, or can adapt easily to new surroundings, and I should know. I have a mental disability (a learning one which I don't know much info about), and I know that I struggle with a lot of things, and adapting to different environments because of discrimination is just around the corner.  Your colleague fails to understand that at the end of the day, disability is a thing, and it's different for everyone. It's not a so-called, and it's a "not such thing as", because, there IS such a thing, people do have them, AND people do indeed see it as a barricade which ends up with them struggling in certain areas and getting paid work. And as you call him/her nonverbal, he/she should know that as a fact that everyone's different and there was no need to say that disability isn't a thing which it is. Not everyone is nonverbal, but that still doesn't meant that other disabilities are "so called." That is what came across on my end, and it did not settle well with me in a good way.


Second thing: I haven't seen your videos, but I know this for sure. You STILL have to be careful about doing this. Cause at the end of the day, it's still a touchy subject, and it still can be done the wrong way if not done correctly which could offend other people. Making sure that you have the right information needed and your own journey is crucial, since at the end of the day, the RP Mods will ask you questions about how it fits in with your character, and what limitations that might have caused for him/her etc. There isn't a rule about having a oc with a disability (we have about two ocs I think that has some kind of disability and it was research really well as far as I can see), but it's something that you have to run by the RP Mods first so they can understand where you coming from, and it has to be by you, and not influenced by someone else's way of thinking.

Apology accepted. Just be careful next time alright?

________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
lmodern1878
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
avatar

Tecna Sky
Posts : 304
Age : 26
Location : CA, USA
Hobbies : being a WINX FAN... HARDCORE!

PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:36 pm

My opinion of the idea is that it is possible to be done, and has the potential to e very inspiring and even eye-opening to some. As stated by others on this thread, it just needs to be done in such a way as not to offend as this is a very touchy subject. If implemented correctly, this has the very real potential to be awesome, implemented incorrectly and there's very real repercussions. I am all for it if someone could come up with the idea in such a way as to avoid misconceptions and stereotypes and show empowerment. As another person said earlier in the thread an example would be

tallgoose wrote:
a blind fairy that must trust in her other senses in battle could be interesting

1-800-MY-BAD if I misspelled your name up there :-(

This could really be a good implementation if done correctly, I know several blind and vision impaired persons who would probably find the character ralatable if done right, that was the concept on it.

________________________________________________________________

==
Thanks:
Carly Grace Fleischmann:
C-ORG Member / T3 Support Specialist / Customer Care Lead:
XDS Support & Training Services / SiriHosting

Krystal ("Siri") Nicole Meyers wrote:
Technology. It gives sight to the blind, literacy to the dyslexic, and a voice to the voiceless; most importantly, it changes peoples' lives for the better.


unknown wrote:
Autism is not a processing error, it's a different operating system.


unknown wrote:
The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.
Back to top Go down
http://winx4ever.tk/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Random Character Idea   

Back to top Go down
 
Random Character Idea
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Halloween Fanta character costume contest idea
» Which Mai HiME character are you most compatible with?
» "The Victorian Affair." (Character Creation) RELOADED
» Phantom Essay: music & character
» RPG Character Sheets

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Believe In Winx :: Winx Club :: Discussions-
Jump to: